Thursday, April 5, 2012

American Idol- Joshua Ledet






I have been rather quiet about the latest season of American Idol mostly because I promised myself that I was finished with that show. Lets be honest, the last real star worthy idol the show actually produced was Carrie Underwood. So, against my better wishes and as a result of an internet frenzy about some girls performance of "I Will Always Love You" I finally checked in on AI season 11. Some girl turned out to be 16 year old Jessica Sanchez, a girl possessing vocal chops way beyond her years and with enough stage presence to see her through to the finale. Save however to say that StonewinnerEntertainement fully backs Jessica for a win, much like we did Melanie "its the real Melanie" Amaro, this post is actually about another contestant.





Joshua Ledet, this seasons slightly less gay and certainly less plumb Jacob Lusk. He is the seasons soulful crooner yet he just does not ever hit the right marks with me. I have been subject to criticism that "I just dont like soulful music" ridic right? So once again this week with the singers tackling the 80's I paid particular attention to Mr Ledet as he sang Simply Red's "If You Dont Know Me By Now".






Once again he nailed it! really he did, but he left me wondering why every week although singing a different song Mr Ledet just sounds exactly the same. Each and every performance is exactly the same, and until that changes Josh i am just about ready to bid you farewell. Take a page out of Jessica's books and note how to give songs your own original spin.






Peep both contenders performances below:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog